How To Break Up
When the decision to break up is made, you have to
1) Break up quickly, without taking any additional time to think and make this decision.
2) Break up with dignity. As much as you want to scream (if you’ve been dumped) or to leave A.S.A.P. (if the break up is your idea), be respectful. You’ve spent time with this person for a while, so if you’re disrespecting him (her), you’re disrespecting yourself.
3) Break up in person. Yes, it’s tough and it takes willpower to face the other person’s face. However, the most painful thing for the other person is to receive a cold phone call or especially text message with the “break up” announcement. Remember, there is such a thing as karma. If you liked this person enough to be in a relationship with him (her), then find the strength and time to say in person that you don’t want to be together anymore.
4) Be honest. You don’t have to come up with the most unusual lie in order not to hurt the other person. This person will be hurt by default. However, it’s always better to know the truth or if you are breaking up with that other person, then you don’t have to list a lie as well. If it’s the famous “it’s not you, it’s me” excuse, then the other person might start chasing you explaining how great you really are, instead of breaking up with you.
3 Reasons why a break up is a good thing
1) A break up will save you from “wrong” relationships even though they might seem “right” to you. Remember, if one of two people wants to break up, it means that the relationship is wrong for both of you.
2) A break up is not the end; it’s the beginning of something new. Everything happens for a reason, so there must be a great reason for your break up. You might not see it now, but you definitely will see it later. In order to “fly high” you need to hit the bottom first to get a good start.
3) When you break up, it is time to look at yourself, your life, your job, your friends, and re-evaluate everything. This is the best time for improvements in all areas of your life.
If the break up is YOUR idea
1) Don’t go over the whole relationship and don’t give multiple reasons. Just say that you’ve made the decision to move on and at this stage of your life, you decided not to be his girlfriend (boyfriend).
2) When it comes to giving a reason just give one – but a major one. For example, we grew apart. Or just be very honest – “I don’t love you anymore” or “I like you, but not enough.” It may sound harsh, but this is the truth and it will work best.
3) Do not feel guilty afterward; this is your life and it is your decision how to spend it and who to spend it with.
4) Don’t tell him (her) “let’s be friends” because it will give the other person false hope that you might come back.
5) Do not agree on “good bye sex” as you won’t feel good after that anyway. “Charity sex” is humiliating for you and cruel for the other person.
If the break up wasn’t your idea.
If the break up was HIS (HER) idea
1) Break up like a LADY – no raising voices, pulling out guns, throwing your favorite china, scratching his face. If he doesn’t want to be with you, he does not deserve your attention anymore.
2) Give him your best Hollywood smile and say “Thank you, it’s a great idea, I was about to suggest the same.”
3) Get up and leave A.S.A.P., but don’t slam the door and run so he feels sorry for you. No, get up slowly, smile, and walk out of the door like you are a queen.
4) Do not drink or eat tons of sweets. Do not call all your friends and spend hours describing “What a &*%$ he (she) was.” If it’s absolutely necessary, state the fact that you are not with this person anymore and move on.
5) Now you have to find out what commitment really is! Commit not to being in touch with him (her). No calls, emails, or texts for one month.
- BROKEN HEART 911 HOME
- HOW TO GET OVER A BREAK UP Broken Heart 911 e-Program
- HOW TO BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND – read the blog
- HOW TO BREAK UP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND – read the blog
- LOVE ART – Increase your love, relationship & marriage luck
- ENDING RELATIONSHIP
- GET YOUR EX BACK
- DATING ADVICE
Click To Share YOUR BREAK UP STORY
Subscribe for Hottest, Latest News, Free Advices and Fun!