The definition of unrequited love is simple. Unrequited love is a feeling that has either never been shared or is not shared anymore. Unrequited love happens when one person is in love with another without any reciprocity at the present moment or in the future. Also, unrequited love is the result of more then eighty percent of all break ups. Most people would not even admit how much unrequited love they have toward their exes.
If someone mentions his (her) ex too often (it does not matter if the person says good or bad things about their ex; the only thing that matters is frequency) it means that he (she) has unrequited love.
Unrequited love is nothing but another type of addiction and habit. Unrequited love is the result of the inability to have someone in their life and to be with this person. Usually, illusions are a strong base for this. Someone would create fantasies, follow them, and then face an ugly result.
Unrequited love is also the inability to control the activity of dopamine – the hormone that often misunderstands the feeling of love.
Getting over Unrequited Love
1. You have to accept the fact that your love is unrequited and going nowhere as well as the fact that you will have to let it go. Until you stand up to your illusive love, you won’t be able to have real love in your real life.
2. You should understand that the other person does not need your love, (unless the other person has no idea about your feelings. If this is the case, you’d better do something about it and do it quickly). Anything that is inflicted is not a gift for the person.
3. Expand your circle – start meeting other people. You can do it online, offline, anywhere.
4. Unrequited love is a huge waste of your energy. Create a list of things you’ve always wanted to do and start doing them. Twist things around – turn destructive and negative energy into constructive and positive energy. You will be amazed at the kind of results it will bring to you.
5. Let these feeling go by writing down all the reasons why you have them in the first place. Write down the following:
- I like this person because…list of qualities
- I’d like to be with this person because…list of reasons
- I think that this person deserves this much of my attention because…list of reasons
- If I wasn’t too focused on my unrequited love, and felt good, I’d do the following things…list of things
6. Another trick is to imagine that you are given a chance to be with this person, not with anybody else. Imagine that each and every day you’ll be with him (her) for the rest of your life. See how soon you would feel claustrophobic.
7. Remember that unrequited love grew in your head and you endowed someone with qualities that your dream person might not even have. Also, if you are desperately in love with your ex, remember that the human memory is designed in a tricky way – you will remember the best things while absolutely dismissing the bad things.
8. You have to make the choice yourself – either you swim in illusions or you get real and activate your will power; perhaps it’s a good time to put it in good use.
In conclusion, unrequited love is destructive, negative, and even abusive. You are the only person who can take action unless you have an unlimited amount of life that you can waste instead living fully and happily.
- broken heart 911 home
- unrequited love quotes
- how to go over a break up – BROKEN HEART 911 PROGRAM to heal your broken heart
- breaking up / how to break up / ending relationship / getting back together / break up sms / bad break up / after break up
- get your ex back / date my ex / want my ex back / sex with ex
- why do men cheat / is he cheating
- why do women cheat / is she cheating