A blind date is gambling to some point.
1) There used to be completely blind dates when people have no idea how their date will look like. This was a more old fashioned way when people didn’t have possibilities to ask “Uncle Google” each and every question. A completely blind date is like playing Roulette. You know that you’ll lose 98 times out of a hundred, but there are still a couple chances of winning big.
2) A blind date where you saw a picture of your date or spoke on the phone (chat) is more like slot machines. You can lose as much as you can win. If you are very lucky you can hit the jackpot (remember, there are always chances).
A lot of times we decline blind dates when our friends, family, and co-workers try to set us up. Have you ever done it? If you answer is yes, then think twice. You have nothing to lose except for your time, but you never know what you can gain. You can always say “no” to the second date. At least give it a try.
7 rules on how to make the best of your blind date:
- 1) Don’t set big expectations, but also don’t imagine a complete disaster. Great expectations might be completely ruined or damaged by reality and complete disaster image can really attract it.
- 2) Don’t plan for your blind date to be long. For example, dinner and movies is too long of a commitment for complete strangers. If you really like each other, you can plan the next date and make the best out of it. However, if you don’t like what you see, it’s better to wrap it up so you won’t waste your time.
- 3) You never know what the Universe has planned for you, so unless you completely hate the person you just saw, you have to try giving it a chance meaning having a conversation and seeing where it will go. Maybe this person will lead you to your true love who might happen to be a next door neighbor or a cousin or someone who will refer you to a new job. Life is a chain of circumstances so let it flow.
- 4) If you like each other from the first sight, calm down. You might feel so happy that after your worries and uncertainty, you might start talking too much. Do not disclose too much personal information on the first blind date. Save it for later. The more mystery you have, the better.
- 5) Always have an escape plan. Tell your friend to text you at a particular time to check on you.
- 6) If you don’t feel well, cancel or reschedule your blind date because you might have a wrong impression about the other person and make a wrong impression yourself.
- 7) If for some reason, you’re “stuck” on your blind date, just relax, think positively, and try to have a good time. You never know what you can attract when you turn your head. Your Prince (or Princess) Charming might be sitting at the next table.
1) Never agree to go to a blind date in his car. If you know a person, it might simply be dangerous. If you know the person through friends, but you won’t like him when you see him, driving together will just extend unpleasant time.
2) Never leave your drink unsupervised in the bar while going to ladies room. Finish it and go. You never know what’s in the other’s person mind; you don’t want to be drugged out.
3) Always have enough money to pay for yourself and a cab if necessary.
4) If you completely hate your date and he insists to pay, let him do it (it’s safe:). At least your time will be compensated. Paying for you is a sign of being a gentleman and you don’t owe him anything. Don’t feel obligated.
5) Always tell someone (your friend, your mom) where you are going and leave his info.
6) Suggest meeting at a place that you know well. Unless this guy is the son of your mom’s best friend’s sister, do not go to a totally unfamiliar place (and stay in a safe neighborhood).
7) Don’t show all your assets on a blind date. In case you don’t like him, he might either reads the signs wrong and hit on you too much, or he might just like you too much and you won’t know how to get rid of him.
8) If you got stuck and don’t feel like talking, listen and ask open ended questions. This guy can be added to the list of men you don’t want to have in your life. If the guy is a great person, but you have no chemistry, this evening can be used as a “male psychology lesson.”
If you think about blind dates as about fun and entertainment, and not as a source of stress, you’ll increase your possibilities of meeting “the one.”
- BROKEN HEART 911 HOME
- FIRST DATE IDEAS
- FUN DATE IDEAS
- ROMANTIC DATE IDEAS
- CHEAP DATE IDEAS
- CREATIVE DATE IDEAS
- LOVE ART – Increase you love, relationship and marriage luck!
- DATING ADVICE FOR WOMEN
- DATING ADVICE FOR MEN
Would you like to share YOUR Story? CLICK HERE! or
Subscribe for Hottest, Latest News, Free Advices and Fun!