Cheap Date Ideas
Considering the tough economic times, people who date need to be supportive of each other and understand that even thought they have lots of money, cheap dates might be a great idea once in a while. If people who date do not have a big budget, then their dating life will rely mostly on cheap date ideas. However, please remember that if it’s a first date or a special occasion, you have to be creative even on a low budget.
Dating is a very important pre-phase of relationships and if someone will make too many mistakes, either the present moment or the potential future can be ruined.
If you know for sure that your “significant one” has no problem with money, but he uses all cheap date ideas one after another, be aware, that it is not a good sign (as well as if you knew that he/she has no money, but is showing off with a luxury style).
You can make your date as beautiful as you wish. My favorite “cheap date idea” that looked incredibly romantic was a scene with Jessica Alba and Dane Cook in the 2007 movie “Good Luck Chuck.” They were sitting in front of his car eating ice cream near the airport (while planes took off right above them) and he have her a gift box “A gift? On the third date?” and when she opened it, there was a bandage (the girl had little accidents all of the time).
CHEAP DATE IDEAS
- Go hiking (running, biking, taking a yoga class). If one of you is already signed up, it is easy to get a free pass the other one. Also, if you have gyms that provide pole dancing or strip teasing classes like Crunch for example, the girl can go take a class and the guy can either join or watch.
- Do “A wish day.” All you will need is several red or yellow balloons and a black marker. You need to go somewhere by the water. You have to write one wish on one balloon (be very specific) and let the balloon go. You can also do the same with pennies – you need to take a lot of them and go from fountain to fountain making a wish and throwing them in the water.
- Go to the beach or anywhere by the water – just find a comfortable place to sit down and talk. The water’s energy will compensate your lack of money. You can get a bottle of wine and fruit with you; this will turn your walk into a picnic.
- Sign up for ticket sites and they will send you tons of free invitations for movie screenings (if you are in Los Angeles or New York).
- Go to drive-in movie theaters. You don’t have to spend money on “movie theater food” because you can bring your snacks, sandwiches, wine (be careful here if you are a driver), pillows, blankets…whatever makes you comfortable.
- Skip expensive places and go to the local dive bar during their happy hour. Make sure that the place has a TV, pool tables, and darts.
- You don’t have to go to the spa to have a fancy treatment and massage. Go to the internet and check out a few massage moves from different techniques. Also, watch your pedicurist while she is doing your foot massage (after a couple of times, you’ll become very familiar). Then run a bubble bath or take a shower together, light a candle, warm up baby oil, and give him (her) a massage concentrating on his (her) the most sensitive zones (if you don’t know where they are by now, you can find out from the erotic horoscope).
- Do a photo shoot. Get your camera (even a cell phone will be fine), make a list of different places, unique from your point of view, and go take tons of pictures. You will not only have fun while doing it, but also while browsing through them together and perhaps making a slide show together.
- Find out if your local chocolate, cookie, bread, or wine factory (or winery) gives tours. You will definitely find one that does.
- Go to the flea market; you’d surprised how many new things you’ll find out about each other. You should watch which things get his (her) attention and ask open ended questions. The information you have about your date can be used for preparing the next date.
- If you can’t afford to see a play, call and ask if you can buy tickets for the dress rehearsal. It will save you a lot of money while still getting an incredible experience.
- Go to a listed local band at the bar, park, or open mall.
- Visit the local bookstore. If you go early enough you can get comfortable chairs and spend quiet time drinking coffee and browsing through books and magazines. Also, this is great if your date is a student, so he (she) can study while you have fun.
- Go for a car test drive – you’ll have a chance to not only find out how your dream car rides, but also figure out for sure what your dream car is. It does not matter if you are 18 or 58, testing cars is fun.
- Go to a petting zoo, dog (cat) show, or animal shelter. You’ll find out a lot about your date.
- Go to a local museum. Almost all of them have one day when an entrance is free or costs a small donation.
- Check local listings for gallery/art walks and openings. You can not only see art, but drink wine, have snacks, and socialize with different people.
- Go to the local library, and together pick out a steamy romance book. Then go home, cook a dinner, and camp on the couch or carpet while reading the juiciest moments of lovemaking.
- Go for coffee. It’s great to spend some time at a coffee or tea shop. However, don’t make it your lifestyle to go there every night. Otherwise, you won’t be seeing your date anytime soon.
- People watching – you don’t have to stay in one place, if you have a lot of time, you can go from the local farmer’s market to the airport, from the kids’ playground at the park to the adult store, from the mall food court to the beach. You also can play a game like the couple from “Date Night” where they were watching people and creating stories about them while having dinner.