First Date Ideas
Where to go for the first date? The opinions and preferences vary between men and women. So, where to go? If you really like the person, you should go to the place where he (she) would feel the most comfortable and had fun. Your next date will totally depend of how the first date went.
If your date will have any negative feelings, thoughts or memories or will feel uncomfortable or insecure, you might not see this person again.
Ok, let’s be smart here. After reviewing what kind of recommendation other people give, we come up with some first date ideas.
If you never met and don’t know if you are going to like each other and don’t know each other’s preferences, treat it as a blind date.
For the first date, let’s assume that you’ve met before, liked each other and would like to know each other.
FIRST DATE IDEAS
IF YOU ARE A GUY, you should suggest something that would make your date feel comfortable, romantic, and secure. You need to do something that will make you stand out from other men. And of course, you need to be a great listener and have a sense of humor.
What would be the best places to invite her?
- Drinks in a trendy bar/lounge that is not too loud so you can have a conversation, but is not too empty so you won’t feel completely alone. You can think of any kind of romantic environment such as a beautiful outdoor patio or a terrace with a view.
- Going to the beach or lake (all depends on the budget, you can walk and talk, have coffee or ice cream, or have a dinner watching the waves)
- A picnic, but you have to really work on this one. You should come fully prepared with a picnic basket, food, wine, and even a flower that you would put in the mini vase. If you just take your date to the park, it would look like a cheap date idea that is great after people have dated for a while.
- Some kind of event such as a fair or festival where you’ll be surrounded with people, doing things, but still be “alone”.
- Dinner cruise
- If you have lots of money, take your date for a limo ride with several stops that have great views.
- Dinner at an ethnic restaurant. For example, do you know how much fun it would be going to a Russian restaurant? For a fixed price, you can have tons of great food, dance all night, and watch people having fun that would be worth going to the concert, comedy club, and zoo all together.
- Art gallery (only if your date likes art, otherwise, it would be torture)
Remember one simple thing. The majority girls and women were raised on fairy tails “and they lived happily ever after and died on the same day holding hands.” Even if a woman says that she does not believe in love and marriage, it’s not true. All women want to love, be loved, and live happy (as well as men, by the way). So dear guys, the more creative and romantic your first date will be, the more success you’ll have. Of course you can suggest rock climbing, but a dancing lesson would be a better idea. I’ve read some creative minds on the internet that suggested “window shopping.” I’d suggest staying away unless you’ve been married for a while.
IF YOU ARE A GIRL and you really like a guy and would like the date to go great, you should suggest
- A sports bar with pool tables. If you can play pool – great! You’ll impress the guy and will be a challenge. If you don’t know how to play, let him teach you and feel important and protective.
- An amusement park. All men are kids inside, so they might be thrilled to go for a ride. If it is summer and you are in shape, suggest a water park. The combination of innocence and a wet swim suit might work the magic quickly.
- A comedy club. This is no brainier; you just sit and laugh.
- Go see a game at the stadium. This is an easy way to initiate a date, especially if you get tickets.
- If he has a motorbike, suggest that you’d like go for a ride.
The basic rule would be the following. If you’ve known the guy for a while, but just never been on date, suggest having your first date doing something that he likes, feels comfortable with, and does good. You can go for a shooting lesson or horse riding to bike and play pool; just suggest something that he would have fun doing.
If the guy is the one who is chasing you, let him be creative. When he will ask you “what would you like to do?” just smile and answer with a playful tone saying, “surprise me”, and let him sweat.
- Movies. There is no way to communicate and know each other better. Also, if you don’t know the person well as it might be a turn off if the person will invade your personal space by sitting too close.
- Window shopping. Guys don’t really like shopping too much and women like to buy during the shopping. Even though there might be some exceptions, window shopping on the first date might make you both feel uncomfortable.
- Home. It might kill future relationships.
- A party where instead of getting to know each other, you’d have to pay attention and socialize with other people.
- Building a snow man. This activity is highly suggested on so many sites…however, we suggest that building a snow man on the first date will push a “she wants a baby” button in men’s minds and “he must have mental development problems” button in women’s minds