What Men Want
*Attention – this article is written for WOMEN by a woman who asked the question “what do men want?” over 3000 times. Different men were asked – street-smart, educated, drop outs, self-made millionaires, poor, wealthy, Caucasian, African-American, Hispanic, Asian, men who live in US, and men who live in Europe, men from 21 to men in their 60s. All answers were boiled down to several main key points.
If women knew for sure what men want, the “men code” would be cracked a long time ago. In this case, all women would be happily married by now, or at least engaged to the man of their dreams who would propose on one knee with dozens of roses and a five carat ring. Doesn’t it sound great? Now, please stop daydreaming and get back to reality.
While each and every man is different and has his own needs, when it comes to dating and relationships, there are lots of similarities because men were wired in a particular way from generation to generation. Sure, they all have their preferences for hot sex, one night stands, or just casual encounters. However, when it comes to dating a woman who can be considered “wife material”, then the requirements are shifted dramatically. Even the most open minded playboys become more conservative and old fashioned.
1. Men want to be with a woman who is…A WOMAN – feminine, gentle and natural. Sure, all males react to “bright packaging” and get magnetized when they see Alpha-Females. However, the truth is that most men don’t want the pressure of handling those Alphas on a regular basis. Alpha females are fireworks and fireworks are great for holidays; not for every day life. For the long term, day to day, men want to be with a soft, sweet woman who they would feel very comfortable with.
2. Men want to be with a woman who will commit. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? We all know how difficult it is for a man to make up his mind in regular life. Yes, it is hard for HIM to commit. However, he wants to know that SHE will commit and eventually belong to him and not to other men.
3. Men want to be with a woman who is FUN. Men love to laugh and have a great time (like women don’tJ). That is why a great sense of humor is very desirable. Life is hard enough outside of relationships, so why make it more difficult? When a relationship is not fun, it becomes a chore.
4. Men want to have great sex, preferably the “sex of their dreams.” Each and every man would like to be a sex hero and treated accordingly. Men want sex to be unforgettable, creative, and varied. However, they don’t want it as a “free gift without a purchase” meaning to have it too much, too soon. The excitement must be built in order to get to the “full menu.” If the thrill of the chase is gone too soon, sex becomes just…sex. Sex is an incredibly important part of the relationship. However, relationships that are built on sex solely do not work.
5. Men want to be with good looking women. Each man wants to be proud of how his woman looks. Men are very pleased when other men like you. It makes you “a prize” in their eyes. When we say “a good looking, beautiful, hot woman”, we don’t mean beautiful by magazine and TV standards. In reality, each and every man has his own definition of good looks. Good looking means a polished, toned, healthy woman who loves herself and takes good care of herself.
6. Men want to be with an understanding woman who would also be able to acknowledge all their great qualities and highlight them as often as possible. Men are not looking for a flattery. They are looking for the pure truth (and if the truth sound like flattery, who cares?).
7. Men want to be with women who don’t play “hard to get.” They don’t have to play; they must be hard to get. Remember, the more investments a man will make into a woman, the more he will appreciate her. By investments we mean time, attentions, emotions, and of course materialistic things such as gifts and money.
8. Men want to be with women who are drama and pressure free. A relationship is supposed to be a nice, quite harbor, not a stormy ocean.
9. Men want to be with women who are emotional baggage free. Nobody is interested to date and be in a relationship with memories of beloved exes.
10. Men want to be with women who not only have their own opinions, but are also not afraid to express them. There is a word “NO” and men don’t mind hearing it sometimes (not too often though).
11. Men want to be with women who don’t make the first move. Of course, there is nothing wrong to do something that would make a man make this move.
12. Men want to be with women who have boundaries and don’t take any bad behavior from anyone. Women who go all the way to please men with anything are not usually on the “wife material” list.
13. Men want to be with women who are supportive. We all know the famous expression that there is a smart woman behind every successful man.
14. Men want to be with women who respect their buddies and their time together.
15. Men want to be with women who keep them excited and thrilled. Men are hunters and they need to participate in constant chases and hunts. If you can provide it “in the house”, then they won’t need to “outsource.”